Dr. Amer Awadh Al-Rawas
Advisory Board Member
Dr. Rawas is the Chief Executive Officer of Tasneea Oil & Gas Technology Group. Prior to his current post, he served as the Chief Executive Officer of Oman Telecommunications Company (OmanTel) and earlier was the Managing Director of Oman Mobile Telecommunications Company (Oman Mobile). Before his joining the Telecom Sector, Dr. Rawas served in various academic and leadership positions at the Sultan Qaboos University (SQU) the flagship university in Oman. His last assignment was the Dean of Educational Services. Earlier to that he was the Director of the Center for Information System where he led the transformation of the role of ICT in the university. Dr. Amer Al Rawas is the current Chairman of MELA (Middle East Leadership Academy), a non-government leadership community serving the whole of Middle East providing leadership, training, networking, and inspiring the young leaders across the Middle East. Dr. Rawas is still serving in various educational and technological policy forums in the Sultanate and the region, including the Chairman of Middle East Leadership Academy, Chairman of Oman Society for Petroleum Services, Member of the Education Council and Member of Oman Academic Accreditation Authority.
Dr. Rawas’ previous achievements include:
- 2015 : Winner of the Lifetime Achievement Award from the Organization (Beyond Borders) Within Star Business Awards.
- 2014: Recognized as the best transformation leader in by Alam al Iqtisad Wa Al Aamal (AIWA) magazine for the year 2013.
- 2013: Awarded as the Best CEO Award in Telecom Sector and Supporter of the Labour Development Process in the Sultanate Award, Muscat.
- 2012: Winner of the Prize of Asian Business Leadership Award for leading a sustainable and holistic growth at Omantel. This is a continental prize for Asia and was awarded in the ABLF ceremony in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- 2012: Won the HR Focused CEO Award of the 4th GCC HR Excellence Awards.
- 2008: Won the NTI BizPro Business Leader of the Year Award.
- 1990: Winner of the Redifusion Simulation Ltd. Prize for the Best Software Engineer Graduation Project at Brighton University.
Dr. Rawas holds a PhD in Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence from the Sussex University, UK, 1997. Although his area of specialization is Software Engineering, his research has expended in scope to cover the role of ICT in Economic Development, Socioeconomic and Demographic Drivers for Economic Growth.